Child Care Aware Training Academy™
What is the Child Care Aware Training Academy™?The Child Care Aware Training Academy™ is online training designed to help you complete annual training requirements and obtain required training hours for those seeking a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or CDA credential renewal.
Benefits of the Child Care Aware Training Academy™
- Receive Continue Education Units (CEU) credit that is accepted by Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) for certification and recertification of their KDHE license.
- Self paced courses you can take 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A wide range of trainings available in every Kansas/Missouri Core Competency Area.
What Courses are available on The Child Care Aware Training Academy™?
- 5-Hour Health & Safety Training: Contains courses required by KDHE to meet Lexie’s Law professional development for Child Abuse & Neglect with Head Trauma and Child Development.
- 120-Hour CDA Course: Upon completion of this course you will be awarded 120 hours of in-service required to apply for a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential in the infant/toddler, preschool center base setting or family child care setting.
- 45-Hour CDA Renewal Course: Upon completion of this course you will be awarded the 45 hours of in-service required to renew for a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential in the infant/toddler, preschool center base setting or family child care setting.
- 8-Hour Child Abuse Training (8 hours): 4 hours in identifying and reporting child abuse and 4 hours preventing child abuse. (one for center staff and one for family child care)
- 2-Hour Promoting Nutrition & Physical Activity in Child Care: Two 60-minute online courses and resources designed to help you understand the causes of childhood obesity and how to most effectively address them in a child care setting through active play and nutritional meal planning.
- 3-Hour Practical Strategies to Guide Children's Behaviors: Build the skills and confidence to give proactive guidance and respond to challenging situations with effective reactions. In this course you will learn about children's social and emotional development and use that knowledge to address challenging behaviors, and support children's skills growth. Also included in this course is an extended lesson on recognizing the signs of child abuse and how to handle those situations in a professional manner. Printable resource guides and step by step implementation tools provide a long-term resource for your child care career.
- Over 200 Individual Customizable Courses including:
- 1 hour Administering Medication in a Child Care Setting
- 1 Hour Keeping Children Healthy
- 1 Hour Managing Infectious Diseases
- 2 hour Marketing and Recruiting
- 1 Hour Contracts, Policies and Record Keeping
- 1 Hour Preparing for Emergencies and Disasters
- 1 Hour Preparing for Medical Emergencies
- 1 Hour Working with Children with Disabilities
- 1 Hour Factors That Impact Children's Behavior
- 2 Hour Guidance and Discipline in a Child Care Setting
- 1 Hour Personal Care Routines - Toileting, Hand Washing, Teeth brushing
- 1 Hour Collaborating with Parents
- 2 Hour Infants and Toddlers: Health and Safety
- 2 Hour Toilet Training
- Click here for a complete list of courses
How do I begin?
Click here to register for courses.
- Windows 98/2K/XP or Greater
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6
- Macromedia Flash Player version 6 or Greater
- Sun JVM version 1.4 or Greater
- Microsoft JVM version 1.1 or Greater
- Pentium 500mhz CPU or Greater or Equivalent
- 64 MB available system RAM (128 MB recommended)
- 1024 x 768, 16-bit (thousands of colors) color display or better
- Standard Mouse and Keyboard
- Internet Connection 56k or greater