Healthy Kansas Kids
Healthy Kansas Kids is a project administered by Child Care AwareÂ® of Kansas and CCR&Rs that provides technical assistance and professional development events related to physical activity and nutrition to you.Â Since 2006, Healthy Kansas Kids has focused on obesity prevention with support from United Methodist Health Ministry Fund, a Kansas philanthropy focused on the health of all Kansans.
Brand New Resources!
This flyer provides a whole alphabet of delicious, healthy recipes that are easy to prepare and require few ingredients.
Healthy MovesÂ from A to Z
See how you can use simple prompts to inspire daily physical activity in young children.
Professional Development Events
A number of professional development events have been developed focusing on physical activity and nutrition, including:
- Let’s Move Learn and Have Fun!
- Healthy Habits Grow Healthy Children
- Food, Fun and Fitness: It’s Berry, Berry Good
- Pick A Better Snack: Go for the Whole Grains
- Active Play Area Design
- Healthy Kansas Kids & Active Families
- We Like to Move It
- Power Up with Healthy Snacks
- Healthy After School Kids & Active Families
Researchers have completed several evaluations that reveal the positive impact of the Healthy Kansas Kids project. Â Annual evaluations are available in the Initiatives & Collaborations section.